This is indeed a sad loss. I have closely followed Victor's work, and whilst I did not always agree with his legal analysis - he was a geographer - he certainly made a very great contribution to the study of boundaries. I only met him once, and briefly, but it was clear that he was a charming and very kind person. I also found him very helpful in various bibliographic respects.

My sincere condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Maurice Mendelson
Prof. Maurice Mendelson, Q.C.

Blackstone Chambers Barristers

Blackstone House

Temple

London EC4Y 9BW

England.

Tel. +44 20 7583 1770; fax +4420 7822 7350; email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and legally privileged. This e-mail is intended to be read only by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail is prohibited and that privilege has not been waived. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying by email or by telephone and then delete the e-mail.