Thanks Ian. Sorry I will not make it to Leighton Buzzard bu would be pleased to be kept informed future meetings.

Catherine

On 31 Aug 2018, at 15:09, Ian Reed <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Colleagues,

Please find attached the link to book your places at the next HEN event 18th September at Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway entitled 'Restoring and Maintaining Our Engineering Heritage'

As many know there were increasing problems with the old SHARE website booking system and this has now closed as they have contracted with Eventbrite to provide the booking system.

However what you will notice as you go through making a booking is that it asks you accept the terms and conditions amongst which is that anyone who books and subsequently does not attend without making SHARE aware at least 48 hours before agrees that a charge of £50 will be presented to your organisation. DONT PANIC this is still under discussion regarding HEN events but the website does not allow these terms to be bypassed for us.

HEN meetings have not suffered the significant level of non attendance experienced by SHARE for their free training programmes of recent times and I don't believe this condition is needed for our meetings. I shall be asking for your views of the booking experience etc. at the meeting.  Please book and let me know if you have any problems.

I hope to see you at Leighton Buzzard on the 18th for what promises to be an interesting and practical day. Please note that there is now a new link road off the M1 which is faster for access to their site see http://www.buzzrail.co.uk/static/location.html

Ian Reed HEN Co-ordinator
telephone: 01206 273460

To unsubscribe from the HEN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HEN&A=1