hi Ste,

So, I've been double-checking with the DPM dev team (as I said in the
Storage meeting, I couldn't think of any services which *should* need a
gridmapfile - as, for example, xrootd with vomsxrd doesn't)...

The state of play is this, via Fabrizio and Maarten:
*if* you contact any of the services on a modern DPM with a X509 proxy with
a valid VOMS extension, the VOMS extension will be used directly (no
gridmapfile needed).
*if* you contact any of the services on a modern DPM with a bare X509
proxy, then the gridmapfile will be used. [This is used to, for example,
allow access to the HTTP interface via web browsers, which are uniformly
not VOMS-aware.]

So, if DUNE (and other FNAL VOs) will only be using VOMS-aware clients,
then there should be no issue with the VOMS Server admin interface going
away.

Sam