** Apologies for cross-posting**

Hi everyone,

Created Out of Mind are delighted to announce that submissions are now open to be part of our short film festival, aiming to explore, challenge and shape perceptions of dementias

We welcome all films that explore stories of dementia from a range of unique and diverse perspectives; this could include documentaries, animation, biographical, dramatic and experimental films.

The selected films will be screened at The Phoenix Cinema in London on Sunday 23rd September at 15:30 – 18:00, and followed by a Q&A panel discussion. People living with and without dementias are welcome to attend.

Entry requirements

We want the festival to be as dementia-inclusive as possible so we have kept it to a duration of 2.5 hours. Therefore, only films with a maximum running time of 15 minutes will be accepted. Film suggestions are also welcome though we would need to approve with the filmmaker or rights-holder before screening.

All films should be English-speaking or have English subtitles.

Films do not have to have premiere status to be screened at the festival.

Deadline for submission: 26th August 2018

Final films will be selected and all applicants contacted by Monday 10th September.

How to enter

To enter the competition, please submit your digital file or link (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to [log in to unmask]. Please remember to include any passwords if the film link is password-protected. Feel free to contact us should you have any questions.

Help us spread the word by sharing this call as widely as possible. We’re sharing on social media using #CreatedFilmFest18 and will be announcing further details and ticket links for the film festival shortly.

More information can be found at: http://www.createdoutofmind.org/events/short-film-festival-2018

Tickets available: http://phoenixcinema.co.uk/PhoenixCinema.dll/WhatsOn?Film=11612056

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Best wishes,

Andressa Nobre Elliott
Events Support Officer | Created Out of Mind

The Hub | Wellcome Collection

183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.createdoutofmind.org

Andressa Nobre Elliott
Events Support Officer | Created Out of Mind

The Hub | Wellcome Collection

183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.createdoutofmind.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +