Can't help wondering if some of this is due to inadequate H&S training in the sector. Was recently trying to raise funding/interest for a short and accredited H&S in the Workplace course for small to mid-size museums but disappointingly could not get it off the ground.

It is still regarded in a piecemeal way, as the responsibility of one, not of all, apparently presenting a nightmare of compliance rather than a pragmatic way of liberating activity on site.

Likewise, I have noticed some clients spend ages writing mitigation plans without checking out if the risk even exists.

I would welcome some better conversations /operational good practice sharing across the sector. It's a vital part of what we do because it is essential to safe working, happy workforce, good visitor experience and positive safeguarding of people and heritage.

Written from the back row of a conference... my mind has gone for a wander...