Hi All

We are considering installing a Lego wall in our gallery for a new exhibition on Factory-Made Housing. The designers are keen to go with Lego rather than Duplo because its a more appropriate aesthetic choice but I want to make sure we have risk assessed this exhibit effectively and worried that Lego might present a choking hazard to our younger visitors. The safety measures I have suggested are:

- Wall is at head height of a 6 year old (Lego advised age limit) so that Under 5s cannot reach.
- Safety notice along the lines of ‘please carefully supervise your children whilst playing with this exhibit’.

Does anybody have experience of similar interactive walls with small parts and can advise?

Many thanks

Lettie

Lettie McKie
Head of Learning
New London Architecture - Bringing People Together to Shape a Better City
The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
020 7636 4044 | 07854 568 257
www.newlondonarchitecture.org @nlalondon

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +