Highlife 2

Hi

I am a Learning and Access Curator – I am currently on a capital project where I am responsible for making sure that all newly developed museum content is suitable for the intended audience and every display has learning and social outcomes, that text is accessible and that access is at the heart of all we do. Soon I will be developing the formal and informal offer for the museum and involved in staff and volunteer training.  I also work with subject curators to engage with communities in the development of their content.

When this project is over I will become an Learning and Access curator in the venue and as well as having responsibility for learning, events and audiences I will also manage staff who will deliver the content and together we will deliver the activity plan submitted to HLF.

Glasgow Museums has a team of around 8 of me who cover all of our 10 buildings. Each building has its own learning assistants who deliver to the public.

I think we have the term curator in our title as we are on the same grade and have parity with the subject curators. We are vital in exhibition development and the title reflects that…. I think!

Caroline

Caroline Currie

Learning and Access Curator – Burrell Redevelopment

Based at Glasgow Museums Resource Centre

Tel – 0141 287 2559

cs-bsl-electronic-signature