From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Haigh, Natalie
Sent: 31 August 2018 14:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: problems with playscheme groups attending family workshops

Hi Kirsty

Here’s what we put on the website:
If you are a group/ holiday club, please note that we may limit you to small groups of 6-10 children in the drop-in activity sessions at a time, supervised by your adults. The quietest time for our craft activities tends to be at 10-10.30am. It’s helpful if you let us know when your group is planning to visit.

If it’s particularly hard for the group to break into smaller groups (e.g. a nursery and for supervision they prefer to be in one group) we have put extra table cloths on the floor for them, where space allows, so that not all seats are used.

I view the groups the same as a family audience, so want them to be able to drop in and attend. If you can suggest them visiting in smaller groups, we find that group leaders understand the reasons for this.

Alternatively, could you offer short sessions that playschemes can book, either at the start or the end of the day for say 30 minutes?

Natalie Haigh
Learning and Access Officer
Leeds City Museum, Cookridge St, LS2 8BH
0113 3787122
leeds.gov.uk/citymuseum