R E M I N D E R: the deadline is in two weeks.

Dear all,

KU Leuven, the University of Leuven, in Belgium is looking for a Big Data Geographer. This is a new position (rather than replacing an existing one) to strengthen the Division of Geography & Tourism. This is an open rank position, implying that it can be filled at the assistant, associate or full professor level, depending on qualifications, experience, etc. The tenure-system, although uniquely Flemish, is more comparable to the U.S. than to the U.K. system. At whatever rank a candidate is hired, it is important that the new faculty member is willing and able to build up and lead their own research group.

Both the discipline of geography and the university at large consistently rank among the top 50 global departments/universities and as the most innovative in Europe. KU Leuven is not only a research-intenstive university but also offers affordable bachelor's and master's programmes in Dutch and English. The master's programmes of our department (Geography, Tourism, Sustainable Territorial Development) have annual tuition fees of EUR900 to EUR3500.

For non-Dutch speaking candidates it is possible to teach in English during the first years, but the candidate is expected to learn Dutch so s/he will be able to teach in both Dutch and English in the future and participate in admin/management meetings. The university offers courses to improve Dutch or English language skills.

At the bottom of the ad, you will find the information of the chair of the Division of Geography & Tourism and the chair of the inter-faculty Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. They will both be members of the hiring committee. If you have more informal questions, you can e-mail me. (I am not part of the hiring committee.)

Best regards,
Manuel

--

Manuel B. Aalbers, Ph.D.

KU Leuven / University of Leuven

Department of Geography & Tourism

Celestijnenlaan 200e -- bus 2409

3001  Heverlee

Belgium

http://ees.kuleuven.be/refcom

http://kuleuven.academia.edu/ManuelAalbers

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1