New Horizons for Cities and Regions in a Changing World, RSA Winter Conference 2018
London Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, 15th – 16th November 2018

I am writing to let you know that the abstract submission deadline has been extended until 17th September 2018. Below you will find the list of the outstanding line-up of plenary speakers that have been confirmed for the conference.

Plenary Speakers
Professor Vanessa Watson, African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Professor Diane Coyle, University of Cambridge, UK
Professor Danny Dorling, University of Oxford, UK
Marc Lemaître, European Commission, Belgium
Marco Di Cataldo, London School of Economics, UK

Following on from the recent Regional Studies journal call for papers for the Special Issue Planning Regional Futures, the editors will be holding three paper sessions and one roundtable at the conference which will include some of the Special Issue paper submissions.

We also have a number of Special Sessions taking place at the conference and you can find more details by clicking here.

Submission & Registration Details
RSA members benefit from a reduced members rate and the non-members rate will include RSA membership for 1 year.
Please submit your abstract (250 words) through the Regional Studies Association
conference portal by 17th September 2018. Please click here to see the Call for Abstracts, to read more about the conference please click here. Proposals will be considered by the Conference Programme Committee against the criteria of originality and interest, subject balance and geographical spread.

You may also wish to attend the annual RSA President’s Event (awards ceremony & dinner) which is taking place on 15th November (the evening of the first day of the conference) in London. Places are limited and pre-registration is essential.

Download a FREE Chapter Sampler and Enter our Prize Draw
To tie in with the RSA Winter conference theme 2018 'New Horizons for Cities and Regions in a Changing World' Routledge have put together this FREE chapter sampler which includes extracts from books in the RSA book series, Regions and Cities. At the same time as downloading your chapter sampler, you can also enter our prize draw to win £150 worth of Routledge books of your choice. The prize draw closes on 23 November 2018, so be sure to enter before then!

If you would like any further information about the conference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please share with your colleagues that may also be interested.

Best wishes,

Lesa

Lesa Reynolds
Project Manager – Events & Conferences

Click HERE to continue receiving information about the Regional Studies Association, event and grant alerts now that GDPR has taken effect.

Regional Studies Association

Sussex Innovation Centre |Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SB|United Kingdom

Direct tel: +44(0)1273-669 017|mobile: +44(0)7917 798600
Company No 4116288|Charity No 1084165

icon-facebook.jpg  icon-twitter.jpg  icon-linkedin.jpg  blog.bmp  https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZW02z9dFg8C4E3QMkrPdmj1-mU1pYEFjn51I2LUpjHFiu5eqR

Take advantage of your RSA membership and apply for research & funding opportunities. Sign up to our e-bulletin for latest RSA news.

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1