Hello all,
To give interested parties a bit more time, we are extending the deadline
to submit abstracts for presentations and posters (and optional
photographs, if you'd like) for the 13th Critical Geographies
Mini-conference in Calgary, AB. Please submit your abstracts now by
next *Friday,
August 24th*.

As before, note that the conference will be held *September 28th-29th *at
University of Calgary's Downtown Campus. The conference regularly attracts
scholars from around the region, and graduate students are particularly
encouraged to attend and participate; to help with this, we are offering a
small number of travel grants to offset graduate students' costs.

Also, more details will follow, but we're also planning a pre-conference
aimed at helping graduate students bridge the academic/activist divide, and
possibly an activist tour of Calgary on Sunday the 30th -- both of which
are, of course, optional and outside the formal conference plans.

Please reach out to me directly with questions or concerns.
Regards,
Ryan
--
Ryan Burns, PhD