Dear colleagues,

As part of our work within the Institute of Coding, we would like to invite you to a two-day workshop on student-powered enterprises, which will be held at Aston University, in central Birmingham, on the 13th and 14th September 2018.

Student-powered enterprises enable students to take responsibility for delivering real projects for real clients, gaining industry-relevant experience, while at university. There are a number of successful models for student-powered enterprises, including extra-curricular social enterprises like Beautiful Canoe at Aston University, and Genesys at the University of Sheffield, which is embedded in the software engineering curriculum.

Part of the mission of the Institute of Coding is to grow and support new student-powered enterprises in universities around the country. As part of this, our vision is a lively, self-sustaining, and self-organising student-powered enterprise community. This first workshop, hosted by Beautiful Canoe at Aston University, is a step towards building this. It will provide the opportunity for existing enterprises to share good practice, and establish patterns for success. It will also be an ideal opportunity for universities considering setting up a student-powered enterprise to connect with those already running them, and to learn about and explore how to run a student-powered enterprise that best suits their own aspirations.

Please register your interest through our Eventbrite page:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/institute-of-coding-student-powered-enterprises-workshop-tickets-47582011076

Since the event will be over two days, we recommend staying at the Conference Aston Hotel, which is on campus:
http://conferenceaston.co.uk/

If you have any questions about the event, please feel free to get in touch. A more detailed programme will follow in due course.

Best wishes

Guy Brown and Phil McMinn (University of Sheffield)
Peter Lewis and David Evans (Aston University)

===

Professor Guy J. Brown
Head of Department
Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~guy

To unsubscribe from the cphc-conf list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=cphc-conf&A=1