Hi Gerry

A couple of decades ago I was asked to advise on how to get a trunk fibre optic cable across an ACM contaminated site. The owner of the site was very reluctant to have any ACM brought to the surface, even during site investigation.

The solution we came up with was as follows. The investigation was carried out using a Static Cone Penetrometer hired from Fugro. This enabled us to define the base of the made ground using geotechnical properties measured by the SCP, without bringing any material to the surface.

The fibre optic cable was then connected through a duct installed in natural material below the made ground using horizontal directional drilling. This took only one day - I missed the installation as I was on a different site on the day in question.

Not sure if a similar approach could be used to avoid disturbing your site - I guess it depends on the diameter of the sewer.

Regards

Frank Westcott

westenviro.com <http://www.westenviro.com/>
Technical Solutions for Sustainability and Brownfield Development

Magnolia House, 15a Fore Street, Roche, St Austell, Cornwall PL26 8EP
0330 330 8015
07973 616197

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or
copyright material which is intended only for the addressees named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised and copying, distribution
or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Westenviro does not warrant that any e-mail messages and attachments are
free from viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses
resulting from infected email transmissions.