Dear all,

Hope this is an OK approach via our list – apologies if I am out of order in asking…

Miranda, whose message and contact details are below,  has been working with us on an NIHR grant exploring altruistic kidney donation, and she is an absolute joy to work with.  I offered to help her seek work,  given the last minute blow she has had to her plans for next year  - she would be an asset  to any project,  – and would make a wonderful community psychologist  (being extremely capable and reflective, very lovely in herself and  having won most of the various prizes awarded to graduates at Plymouth, including the BPS prize – about which she is extremely modest and unassuming) . Do any of you know of any  community psychology related opportunities for which she could apply or for which she could be of service?

Grateful for any ideas  - UK or further afield. Please contact Miranda  direct if so, or via me on [log in to unmask]

Annie

Hello,

I'm Miranda Heath, a BSc Psychology graduate and research assistant working with Annie Mitchell at Plymouth University. I had intended to take part in a voluntary programme in India upon graduation, but unfortunately this has fallen through at the last minute due to the Indian government conducting an audit of voluntary programmes there.

As such my plans for a gap year full of experiential learning have all but evaporated and I am now casting my net wide to find any possibilities of psychology-related internships and volunteering in the UK or abroad and Annie felt you might be  good to ask.

I have experience conducting research, working with SEN children and adults in the community, and teaching English. My areas of psychological interest include health psychology, clinical psychology and community psychology. I would love to offer any of these skills to assist any non-profit organisation which helps improve mental and physical health by addressing community issues. I am available September 2018 through to August 2019.

I'm not expecting much, but if you know of anything that might match these specifications it would be an enormous help to me.

Kindest regards,

Miranda Heath

(+44)7581471815

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form. ___________________________________ The list is jointly managed by David Fryer [log in to unmask] and Grant Jeffrey [log in to unmask], either of whom are able to deal with queries. To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK