Dear Careina,

you could use the old crystals, that did not diffract, for microseeding
to regrew nicer crystals. Once you have them, try to use them as quickly
as possible. Three weeks can be a long time for crystals.

Storage in liquid nitrogen should not be the problem.

Best,
Tim

On 08/14/2018 11:58 AM, Careina Edgooms wrote:
> I got the most beautiful crystals I have ever seen and they don't
> diffract at all. Not poor diffraction, NO diffraction. Anyone know why
> this could be and how I can go about fixing it? I had three beautiful
> crystals and not one diffracted. I did leave them in the drop for about
> 3 weeks before harvesting and in liquid nitrogen for about a month
> before diffracting. Could that be a factor? If I regrew more beautiful
> crystals and diffracted straight away could that help?
> Careina

Paul Scherrer Institut
Tim Gruene
- persoenlich -