https://www.psi.ch/pa/stellenangebote/1838

We are looking for a

Scientist

Membrane Protein Crystallisation and Delivery

Your tasks

We are looking for a Membrane Protein Crystallisation Scientist to work in the MX Samples Group at the SLS. Your main task will be to conduct original research in the area of macromolecular crystallography with an emphasis on lipidic cubic phase crystallization of membrane proteins. You will also work with other members of the group to develop sample delivery methods including solid-support and injectors for serial crystallography at the SLS and SwissFEL, and to develop crystallographic methods for membrane protein applications. As part of the MX Samples Group you will provide support for users of the PSI Macromolecular Crystallisation Facility, and as part of the wider MX Group you will support users at the protein crystallography beamlines of the SLS and the SwissFEL.

Your profile

You hold a PhD degree in natural sciences or related fields and have good skills in both protein crystallisation and protein crystallography. In addition, you have a proven ability in LCP sample preparation, sample handling and X-Ray diffraction data collection. Experience in methods development for membrane protein crystallization would be a significant advantage. If you are a motivated individual with a good team spirit and sense of responsibility, this position will offer a great opportunity for you to develop your research career in an exciting and highly multidisciplinary environment.

We offer

Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.

This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to three years.

For further information please contact Dr May Sharpe, phone +41 56 310 54 37.

Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) until 31st August 2018 for the position as a Scientist (index no. 6123-00) https://www.psi.ch/pa/stellenangebote/1838

Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland