Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in RNA biochemistry and Structural Biology

Mechanisms of RNA-mediated Gene Regulation

The research group of Yunsun Nam, Ph.D., at UT Southwestern Medical Center is seeking a postdoctoral scholar. Our laboratory is located at the core of the Cecil H. and Ida Green Center  for Reproductive Biology Sciences.

The overarching goal of our group is to elucidate the mechanistic details of RNA-regulated gene expression, by investigating the structure-function relationship of various protein/nucleic acid complexes. We are particularly interested in the gene regulation pathways involving functional RNAs, and especially those relevant to mammalian development and cancer. The specific projects include regulation and processing of small RNAs (eg. microRNAs), as well as RNA modifications (eg. methylation). Postdoctoral scholars will have many opportunities to learn the newest methods in biochemistry and biophysics, in addition to working in an exciting, fast-evolving area in the field of biological and biomedical sciences. We use various approaches, including X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM), molecular biology, nucleic acid and protein biochemistry, genomics with next-generation sequencing, and mammalian cell-based studies. For more information, please refer to the lab website: www.ynamlab.org.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree and a strong background in biochemistry (protein or nucleic acids) and/or structural biology. Interested individuals should submit a CV as a single pdf file, including contact information for 3 references, by email to: [log in to unmask].

*UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.  Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Yunsun Nam, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Cecil H. and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology / Department of Biophysics
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd, MC8511, Dallas, TX 75390-8511
Tel: 214-648-6814 / Email: [log in to unmask]