In my case what simply worked is to put your solution with 40% glycerol on the side of the drop and wait for crystals to stop dancing. Fish them out swiping through the side were you have put your solution. Or I have used MPD as cryoprotectant and freeze them in cold room (4C) its amazing what cold air humidity can do for your drop. No problem with dancing crystals.

Michal Boniecki