Dear BSRG subscribers,

We are delighted to announce the following two fully-funded PhD opportunities (3.5 years) at the University of Southampton, investigating shoreface sediment dynamics of the mixed gravel/sand beach in Pevensey Bay, UK in collaboration with the Environment Agency, Pevensey Coastal Defence ltd, and the Channel Coastal Observatory. The two PhD studentships will be undertaken jointly between the Schools of Ocean and Earth Science, and Geography and Environmental at the University of Southampton, and hosted by the Graduate School of the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton.

Full details of the two positions, and how to apply are available via these links:

PhD 1: Shoreface Dynamics – A Novel Approach to Establishing a Sediment Flux Curtain

PhD 2: Integrating local shoreface changes and regional hydrographic data to establish a regional sediment budget

For informal inquires, please contact me via [log in to unmask]  or Dr Julian Leyland via [log in to unmask] .

For information on how to apply, please check the Graduate School at National Oceanography Centre, Southampton and apply using the University of Southampton Student Record System.   We anticipate a start date before 01 Jan., 2019.

Contact email regarding application: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

Dr Hachem Kassem

Teaching & Research Fellow in Coastal Morphodynamics & GIS | Geology & Geophysics Research Group

Ocean & Earth Science | University of Southampton

Office: NOCS (B68)/566/06 | t:  +44 (0)23 8059 6205

http://blog.soton.ac.uk/ggblog/  |  https://mscecesoton.wordpress.com/  |  @hachem_kassem

MSC Engineering in the Coastal Environment: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/oes/coastal

Visit the BSRG at www.bsrg.org.uk