My experience, when I used to write, was that poetry was a dialect under or
maybe a dialogue with the threat of finality. That was in the Nineties and
parts of the Noughties before I found out it had returned to being an
iteration of class in some cases. or a primitive aspiration towards the
same in others.

There are of course lots of nice people on the side of this cultural
train-wreck, a lot of them are here.

Best

Dave