Hello all,

I am an MSc Information Management and Preservation student at the University of Glasgow, carrying out research for my dissertation "Making the Obscure Accessible: A study of the Effectiveness of Script-Focused Social Media Use for Engaging the Public with Archives and Special Collections". I am looking specifically at the use of Instagram in the promotion of, and engagement with, archival and special collections materials.

I would be incredibly grateful to anyone who would be able to fill out a brief survey regarding their social media use. I have created two surveys: one for those who administrate an Instagram account that showcases archival and special collections materials, and another survey for those who follow said accounts. Neither survey should take more than 15 minutes to complete.

If you are an administrator for an Instagram account that showcases archives and/or special collections holdings, please complete the survey at: https://glasgow-research.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/institutional-individual-social-media-administrator-surv

If you follow Instagram accounts that showcase archives and/or special collections holdings, please complete the survey at: https://glasgow-research.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/instagram-users-questionnaire

Please could you complete the survey(s) by Friday 17 August.

Please note that participating in the survey and submitting your responses will be understood as consent to the use of the data. Ethical clearance for this project has been granted by the College of Arts Research Ethics committee 11 July 2018, and the first page of the survey details the use of the data in full.

Thank you very much for your participation, if you have any questions, please contact me on my university email: [log in to unmask]

Best Wishes,

Ravana Eagleheart