The City of Edinburgh Council has just launched today a public consultation exercise on its city archives service and asks for those interested in history, archives or Edinburgh to complete a short 5-8 minute survey online via the below links.

We are hoping to get input on how people want to engage with archives and what people think we should be collecting today for tomorrow. The exercise has four surveys to it:

Please complete any relevant surveys and promote the individuals survey to your visitors, audiences, colleagues and friends using the #edinburghremembers hashtag. We are trying to reach as many people as possible through that particular survey – they do not have to be Edinburgh based to respond.

The exercise finishes on Friday 26 October and we will then submit a report to our Culture & Communities Committee with an archives development plan based on the findings. Please send any questions about the exercise to [log in to unmask]. You can request a paper copy of the individual survey through that same email address or via phone on 0131 529 4616.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Sullivan

Henry Sullivan | Information Asset Manager | Information Governance Unit | Strategy & Insight Division| Chief Executive | The City of Edinburgh Council | Business Centre 2.1 | Waverley Court | 4 East Market Street | Edinburgh | EH8 8BG | 0131 469 6170 |[log in to unmask] | Web: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk

This email and files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended for the sole use of the individual or organisation to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this eMail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete it without using, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person.
The Council has endeavoured to scan this eMail message and attachments for computer viruses and will not be liable for any losses incurred by the recipient.