Dear colleagues

We’re currently in the process of organising an inaugural Special Collections Dissertation Fair for Cambridge University students.  The overall aim of the day is to showcase the riches we hold in University and College collections, make students aware of the primary source material available to them in Cambridge, covering as many subjects as we can, and to answer any questions that they might have.  We envisage that each participating institution or department will put on a stall with information about its collections and resources, with a staff member from that institution on hand throughout the day. Students will be able to drop in and browse round the stalls.

We would love to hear from anyone who has been involved in something similar and who may have any hints, tips or warnings to share.  We hope that we’ve thought of the basics (at least!) but any extra information will be invaluable to us during the planning process.

Please reply off-list and I’ll collate any responses, in case anyone else might find it useful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!
Sian

Sian Collins
Archivist
Department of Archives and Modern Manuscripts
Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR

Tel: 01223 333141