Hello all

I am interested to know if it is common practice in the sector to take a payment at the point of set up when a student is providing their card details for future instalments?

Particularly relevant to students whose bank account does not enable set up of direct debit or if their only means of payment is via credit card.

To illustrate:
During enrolment in September student opts to pay their tuition fees in four instalments first payment due on 1st October.  Currently no payment is taken until 1st October.

We are implementing a new student records system (SITS), the pathway between the Finance component and our payment platform (WPM) requires an initial payment to be taken for card set up e.g. £1

We will be offering recurring card payment options for accommodation fees as well as tuition fees.

I would be grateful to know of any other institutions who currently take an initial payment and if there are any issue/challenges from a student and/or administrative perspective.

Happy to take direct messages or via the forum.

Many thanks for any insight you can offer.
Best wishes
Catherine

--
Catherine McKeown
Student Finance Lead, Student Lifecycle Project

Tel: 0114 215 7312

To unsubscribe from the Admin-Student list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=Admin-Student&A=1