hello
my experience is similar to what terry say. Light is the key and i use gooseneck led. And a canon on a stand with super macro MPe65 lens or other macro lens. Then you need to use Focus-stacking software.
If you need to do lot of photo you can buy helicon focus with automatised rail ( stackshot) and see the résult direct on your computer.
I can give you informations (phone) if you need and photo of my macrophotolabo...
cheers

Dear Zooarchers,

What kind of material do you use to obtain very good quality pictures of cutmarks on bone remains (especially concerning close views). Does anyone already tried a Dino-Lite? Or can someone recommend a good camera?

Thanks a lot and have a nice summer

Marie-Cécile Soulier

-----------
PhD, Zooarchaeology

Agent contractuel CNRS
TRACES - UMR 5608, équipe SMP3C

        N'imprimez ce mail que si vous en avez vraiment besoin

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1

--
J.H. Yvinec
Archéozoologue INRAP, UMR 7209

Laboratoire d'archéozoologie de Compiègne,
CRAVO, 17 rue James de Rothschild, 60200 Compiègne, France,
tel : 33 (0)3 44 23 28 10
mobile : 06 51 87 70 77

www.inrap.fr

Abonnez-vous à la lettre d’information de l'Inrap : http://www.inrap.fr/newsletter.php