Dear Dave,

I totally agree with you. Ecosystems are highly complex and simple
mathematical models can hardly explain.

Willing to be short and simple I didn't make myself clear. When I said
that "nothing in biological evolution stops s the quest for individual
reproductive success from destroying the environment" what  I meant is
that  "There is nothing  that /a priori /prevents such behavior "
It is only a posteriori that the different forces that operate in an
evolutionary ecosystem working together will determine that a extremely
selfish behavior cannot succeed.

I'd really like to see Edmund's model.

Best,
Xavier

--

<http://www.uab.cat>

Xavier Vilà

Departament d'Economia i d'Història Econòmica
Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica

Edifici B - Despatx B3-148
Campus de la UAB · 08193 Bellaterra
(Cerdanyola del Vallès) · Barcelona · Spain

T +34 581 21 91
www.uab.cat <http://www.uab.cat>

<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9122-5525>
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=ADEAABlFHlMBngKblrhjVHKjy-AeI0ez6koG6Vg&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=PY-w&locale=en_U>

This message may contain private or confidential information, and is
addressed exclusively to its intended recipient. If you have received it
in error, please notify the sender and delete it. Please bear in mind
that you are not authorized to use it for any purposes.