Dear All,

With a small chance (1% per tick) that denuded patches will grow back to a low level after all (hidden seeds or a new plant species) the greediness of agents stabilises at about 0.8. The resulting populations of feeders and grass are quite "Lotka Volterra".

When I add "predator patches" (places where agents die at fixed locations) a quick and dirty version of predation (as increased prey density means more predation) then the populations still oscillate but in a much less dramatic way. However, the average foraging propensity stays at 0.8 (which I guess one would expect because the predation process doesn't penalise greedy agents.)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Will summarise back and reply to individuals as appropriate.

All the best,

Edmund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxYOQS6ggk

--