Dear colleagues, I am doing some doctoral research into formal academic professional development and am particularly interested in postgraduate certificates that seem to be offered ubiquitously across the UK & Australian HE sectors.

Does anyone have any links to articles/reports etc. about the history, rationale, effectiveness, perceptions, evaluation of such schemes?

I'd also be interested to know what the oldest scheme is. I have been looking at a university recently whose PGCert scheme is 19 years old. Can anyone beat that?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the landscape at the moment.
Thanks, Mark.

Mark Dransfield | Educational Developer (CPD Lead), MSc, SFHEA |
Academic Development Directorate | 01904 87(6271 ) |
York St John University | Lord Mayor's Walk | York | YO31 7EX |  www.yorksj.ac.uk/ADD<http://www.yorksj.ac.uk/ADD>

[https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/media/content-assets/homepage/email-logos.gif]

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.