Hi Mark,

It was some time ago but the principles in the main will remain post GDPR.  Seeing that you are a LGA and therefore cover social care etc and will need to meet the National Data Guardian requirements and be, at present, NHS  IG Toolkit compliant and going forward to be its replacement NHS DSP Toolkit compliant, have a chat with who submits your toolkit submission because NHS Digital do have SIRO, IAO training which you could use as this is a requirement of the toolkit.

Kind Regards

Geoff

From: Mark Smith (Commissioning Communities and Policy) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 July 2018 11:41
To: Geoffrey Gray <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Information Risk Owner training

Dear Geoff,

Thank you.  Yes, that’s a helpful suggestion, but I am afraid the National Archives have confirmed to me that this training is no longer current and they have no plans to revive it.  It can still be accessed through the online archive but as it hasn’t been updated (GDPR etc) we don’t want to go down that route.

Yours,

Mark

Mark Smith | Corporate Records Manager |Commissioning, Communities and Policy | Derbyshire County Council | Derbyshire Record Office, New Street, Matlock, DE4 3FE  | Direct Dial: 01629 539203

Visit us at www.derbyshire.gov.uk | Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Facebook