Appreciated Rachel,
(this email is directed to Rachel Jennings)

I am a museum collections designer. You can visit my website
https://ulnaebones.com/

I am writing to you to give my opinion in relation to the question you
ask about the damage in the chimp bones.

The truth is that they seemed to be partially submerged in a very
aggressive solution that damaged the cortex of the bone.

The bleach burns the cortical bone and, in addition, if they worked
with a very concentrated solution of enzymes, surely also damaged the
bone.

This is my opinion, I hope I have helped you. If you get others
interesting answers I would appreciate an exchange of opinions, as it
is a very pleasant way to learn the techniques of preparation.

Sincerely yours,

*Laura Roquéhttps://ulnaebones.com/ <https://ulnaebones.com/>*