Greetings all,

I have a Norse translation of what the author, writing in 1960, describes as  De psalmorum liber of Alcuin, edited in Patrologiæ cursus completus; series Latinia CI  col. 476-479.  Another scholar writing about 20 years later does not mention this attribution, but notes that in some medieval mss. the prayer is attributed to St. Augustine (without implying his actual authorship).

My question is whether the PL material is still considered to be by Alcuin, or someone else (probably NOT Augustine, though!)? Also, if there is a more recent edition of this prayer?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Meg