You might also check:
     Narkiss, Bezalel. “"Living the dead became": the Prophet Elijah as a
holy image in early Jewish art.” *Byzantine East, Latin West:
Art-Historical Studies in Honor of Kurt Weitzmann.* Eds. Moss, Christopher
and Kiefer, Katherine. Princeton, N.J.: Department of Art and Archaeology,
Princeton University, 1995. 75-80.

-- Paul