Hi there,

Under the Researcher Links scheme, the British Council and FAPESC are holding the above workshop in Florianopolis, Brazil from 27 - 31 August 2018. The workshop is being coordinated by Drs Hersh and Garcia and will have contributions from other leading researchers, including Profs Petrie, Brewster, and Gitirana Ferreira.

We are now inviting Early Career Researchers from the UK and Brazil to apply to attend. The target audience will be early career researchers (ECRs) with backgrounds in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, rehabilitation, civil engineering, computer science, information technology, assistive technology, automation, design, and occupational or speech therapy, 17 from the UK and 17 from Brazil.

The overwhelming majority would be expected to have a Ph.D. and the others equivalent research experience or working in an area such as occupational therapy where a Ph.D. is generally not required.

All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by the Researcher Links programme. I have attached a link to the website at the bottom of the page where you will find more in-depth information on the initiative as well as an application form.

The Deadline for Applications has been extended to 11 July 2018

Could you please share this message with colleagues, either directly or through other lists or groups, you may be a member of and please contact me here if you need any further information.

Apologies for any crossposting.

Regards

Kathleen McNally

PP Dr. Marion Hersh