On 3 Jul 2018, at 12:15, ANDREW STUCK <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I'm with the un-techie lot and would say put a timer on the electrical socket into which the projector is plugged.

I have a similar Heath Robinson system for turning off and on the fan in my studio - hasn't failed since 11 May - cost £3.95 from the misnamed Poundland.

I'd be concerned that this approach would shorten the life of the projector and any computer equipment

All projection systems generate heat, and usually have a fan run on after the projector is turned off to cool down items in a controlled fashion.

Similarly IT systems usually have a shutdown process....

Enforcing a power cut on the technology every day is likely to have a poor outcome.

If there are no cooling fans and putting the projector off with its off switch doesn't initiate any shutdown activity, then a hard power cut by use of a socket timer might be okay.

Having said all that, how will you know (without visiting the site) if the system did actually come up and start playing the film the next day?

:o)

To unsubscribe from the MCG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MCG&A=1