Dm me too.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Jul 2018, at 17:13, Tyler, Matt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear MCG,

I reach out to you today to see if there is anyone in the MCG who might be interested in a project proposal that involves developing a digital tool for a museum visitor. This could build on existing digital ‘storytelling’ projects eg. EMOTIVE. It would tap the research method, used by historians, of reconstructing the materials and techniques behind an artwork, allowing the visitor to ‘see through’ the stages of its creation without leaving the display space.

I am a current PhD candidate in History of Art at the University of Glasgow, and I am submitting an application for a 2018 AHRC initiative called the SGSAH NPIF innovation placement scheme, which involves a PhD graduate collaborating on a project with an academic mentor and an industry partner. The scheme funds the applicant to undertake the placement with the industrial partner.

At present I have a potential HEI mentor at the University of Glasgow: I am looking for an industrial partner, with a creative and flexible mindset, with whom I can collaborate on this challenge. The idea itself can potentially be built into existing projects, or adapted to suit additional requirements, should that be necessary.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if this interests you.

Best regards,

Matt Tyler

CDP PhD Candidate, History of Art

University of Glasgow & The National Gallery, London

[The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN]<http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk>
[“Thomas]<https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/thomas-cole-eden-to-empire>

To unsubscribe from the MCG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MCG&A=1

<NPIF Proposal - Reconstructions Reinvented-ilovepdf-compressed.pdf>
Idox group email privacy & confidentiality notice: The information contained in this email message is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. Such information is confidential and privileged and no mistake in transmission is intended to waive or compromise such privilege. If you have received it in error, please destroy it and notify us on 0870 333 7101. If you do not receive complete and legible copies, please telephone us immediately. Any opinions expressed herein including attachments are those of the author only. IDOX group does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information provided or for any changes to this email, however made, after it was sent. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses. Registered Address: Idox plc, 2nd floor, 1310 Waterside, Arlington Business Park, Theale, RG7 4SA Registered Numbers: Idox Software ltd - 2933889 in England and Wales McLaren Software ltd - SC213218 in Scotland Vat Registration Number: GB 766 8008 04 Please consider the environment before printing this email.