With apologies for cross-posting

Understanding Copyright Online Training

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Due to popular demand we are now offering our Understanding Copyright course  as an online learning option for access wherever you are. If you are developing a career in rights or licensing and you want to gain the knowledge and confidence to deal with your organization’s contracts this is the perfect course to go on.

"This was an excellent course; dynamic, whistlestop tour but thoroughly enjoyable! I'd highly recommend this to anyone in the industry. Pippa's fantastic!" Angela Bianchi, SAGE Publishing

"Course tutors were extremely knowledgeable and approachable. I’ve left the course feeling well informed and confident.” Laura Longworth, Channel View Publication

Course outcomes and content

At the end of this course participants will understand the principles of copyright and how it works in an international digital and print environment; ensure that the moral rights of creators are upheld; understand permission systems and best use of Reproduction Rights Organizations (RROs) and outsourcing; understand the basics of online licensing in an open access or subscription-based environment. It will include:

* Pre-course reading/exercises

* Comprehensive delegate pack

* Pre-course questionnaire

* One and a half hour interactive online workshop

* Post course exercises marked by our tutor

* 48 hour email follow up with the tutor

* Certificate on completion of all elements

Course Tutor: Pippa Smart, PSP Consulting

Date & Time: Wednesday 24 October, Online, 10:00 - 11:30 EST (New York), 15:00 - 16:30 GMT (UK), 16:00 - 17:30 CET (Central Europe)

See full course details and register your place. Early Bird rates for ALPSP members end 24 July 2018. https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Understanding-Copyright/40225

Other upcoming courses from ALPSP

Commissioning Content: Working effectively with authors and editors, 4 October, training, London    https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Commissioning-Content/52765

Brand Building the Scholarly Author, 18 October, webinar, online     https://www.alpsp.org/Webinars/Brand-Building-the-Scholarly-Author/56883,

Acquiring and Selling Publishing Assets,  14 November, training, London     https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Acquiring-and-Selling-Publishing-Assets/52763

Heidi Russell-Jones

Marketing & Communications Executive

The Association of Learned& Professional Society Publishers

E: [log in to unmask] T: +44 (0)1727 812777

W: www.alpsp.org Follow us on Twitter: @alpsp

ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales Registration no: 4081634. Registered Office: Egale 1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford WD17 1DL UK

DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. This email may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ALPSP. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately and delete it completely from your computer system.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-UKEIG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-UKEIG&A=1