Thanks Marianne, this looks like a really interesting article (it was not second generation citations that I was after on this occasion, but still really helpful to read).

Best wishes

Catherine

From: A bibliometrics discussion list for the Library and Research Community <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Marianne Gauffriau <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 July 2018 11:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Secondary citations

Hi Catherine,

I’m not sure if it is relevant, but your question reminded me of a study from 2016: Scientific influence is not always visible: The phenomenon of under-cited influential publications (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1751157716301900)

Best wishes

Marianne

Marianne Gauffriau
Specialkonsulent