Hi ARLG

Thanks to everyone who got in touch to answer my questions about social media.  I’ve had several requests from some of those people and others for a summary of responses, so here we are (see attached).

Best wishes,

Tom

From: Kistell, Thomas
Sent: 06 June 2018 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library social media - how do you do it?

Hello,

We’re reviewing our library social media presence and would be really interested in knowing how it’s approached in other universities.  Please answer the following questions (either on or off list) if you can:

·         Which social media platforms do you use?  Why did you choose those?

·         How do you decide which staff are involved?  E.g. members of particular teams, working groups, individuals with an interest.

·         Do you use rotas or are involved on a more informal basis?

·         Are enquiries received through social media and scheduled posts dealt with by the same or different staff?

·         How actively do students engage with your library on social media?

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas Kistell MA AFHEA | Systems Support Adviser, Systems Team

SHU logo for email template.gif

Alma logo email

Library and Student Support Services, Sheffield Hallam University | Adsetts Library, City Campus, Howard Street, Sheffield, S1 1WB

Telephone +44 (0)114 225 3333 (option 3) | Direct line +44 (0)114 225 4265 | Mobile +44 7887 460112 | www.shu.ac.uk

To unsubscribe from this mailing list please contact [log in to unmask] You can also subscribe from this list by sending a command to [log in to unmask], leave subject field blank, remove any signature and add the text "unsubscribe lis-arlg" in the main email text box.