As the Chief Academic Officer of Studiosity I'd be happy to contribute to this thread and/or communicate directly ([log in to unmask]) with anyone who wishes to do so.

By way of background, I have been on the Academic Advisory Board of Studiosity since the beginning of 2017, prior to which I was the Provost at Macquarie University. Before that I was the PVC of Teaching and Learning at the University of Sydney, a member of Australia's 'Group of 8' universities and equivalent to the UK's Russell Group.

I should first clarify that Studiosity is very much a 'Tier Zero' support platform that neither claims, nor is intended to be, the only service that students need to improve their writing. Rather, the service provides timely, personalised, formative writing feedback around structure, argument, grammar and referencing. In instances where a student clearly requires more immersive / contextual support, or is exhibiting signs of undue stress or anxiety, our team alerts the university partner's academic skills and/or student wellness team.

The latter is noteworthy as it underscores how Studiosity complements on-campus support. I have attached for your interest a presentation delivered by Dr Andrea Lynch from James Cook University to a UUK conference early last year. Andrea is the Queensland state representative of AALL, and at that time was the Head of the Academic Skills unit at JCU. Beyond the numerous benefits to students and the institution, you will note (p32) that requests from the 'learning advice desk' were virtually unchanged.

In terms of institutional and student uptake, Studiosity is now available at over half of Australia's public universities and expects to provide over 250,000 study support sessions. In regards to the UK, we have been delighted that so many universities share our commitment to the enhancement of student experience. To further explore the efficacy of Studiosity, Professor Liz Thomas (formerly of the HEA) will be undertaking a UK research study later this year, and several openings remain for institutions interested in participating.

Please feel free to contact our UK Managing Director, Sami Eltom ([log in to unmask]) if you would like to learn more.

Kind regards,

Professor Judyth Sachs
Chief Academic Officer
Studiosity