Further to the emotional capacities of animals, dogs' bodies and faces are
so emotionally expressive it's as though their emotions travel up through
their bodies and are expressed physically, in movement, without bypassing
their intellectual analysis - or thought processes (much). If anything,
animals exhibit all the behaviors that indicate that they 'feel' emotion
directly and to a much greater capacity than we have. We have largely lost
the capacity to be aware of/express the emotions in our bodies because we
pypass our intuitive systems and send it straight to the intellect, where a
'spin' is put on it: a reflection of our intellectual conditioning.

Animals have a lot to teach us about the way to feel emotion and to express
it physically - without either suppressing it, or converting it to
intellectual 'reasoning' directed at something or someone outside of us,
which becomes ingrained and leads to narrow thinking. This is exactly the
trouble with the emotion of fear that is now being expressed as racism,
etc.

*Heather Dyer, Royal Literary Fund Consultant Fellow*
*http://rlfconsultants.com/consultants/heather-dyer/
<http://rlfconsultants.com/consultants/heather-dyer/>*

<http://www.heatherdyer.co.uk/>