I ended up sending this message off-list a couple of days ago... I send again to the list just in case...
Anderson

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 at 18:41, Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi David,

You're right about what each of the EVs model. The contrasts are based on linear combinations of these differences. I agree that in this construction things may not be immediately obvious, with the interaction and multiple conditions adding to the complexity.

Would it help for you if we rewrote the exact same design in a different manner? Please download again the same design_tim2.ods from the earlier email: I've updated it with a second design (designB) that uses a different construction. I'm not testing but it should yield the same results as the first one.

All the best,

Anderson