Dear Joseph,

I think eddy needs -

I think I got the acqp.txt and index.txt part values right

but what to put into --field_mat ?

I have to make a .mat file like the following?

fsl_prepare_fieldmap SIEMENS dtiFMphase.nii.gz dtiFMmag_brain dtiFMrads 2.46

flirt -ref first_Vol_in_Dti -in dtiFMrads -init my_matfile -applyxfm

so my eddy command will look like this?

eddy --imain=DTI64 --mask=first_Vol_in_Dti_mask --index=index.txt --acqp=acqp.txt \
--bvecs=bvec --bvals=bval --field=dtiFMrads --field_mat=my_mat_file --out=DTI64_EDY

if you do a google search on “eddy fieldmap” you should find the help page where this is described. In general the eddy online help is quite good, so it makes sense to take a look there if you have a problem.

https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/eddy/UsersGuide#A--field

As you can see there there are two important caveats when using a dual-echo fieldmap with eddy. There is actually a third one too, which is that the resulting voxel-displacement-map has to be invertible. Because of these caveats we are getting a lot of reports from people who are having problems with using a measured fieldmap. I am currently working on a tool that will “massage” a measured fieldmap into a format that works with eddy.

But we _strongly_ recommend acquiring a reverse-PE-polarity fieldmap instead of a dual-echo fieldmap.

Jesper