**Apologies for cross-posting**

Sign up to our newsletter to receive 35% discount on all our books.

Attending the ISA World Congress of Sociology this week?

Now that the conference is underway, visit the Bristol University Press stand to see a selection of our fantastic sociology books at great conference prices and talk about publishing projects. More about sociology publishing at Policy Press.

Sociology free article collection

We've put together a special collection of free journal articles on the themes of: care, families, gender-based violence and social justice, to mark the ISA World Congress of Sociology. All the articles are free to read until the end of July.

Browse the collection

Global Migration and Social Change series

Last month The politics of compassion by Ala Sirriyeh, the first book in the Global Migration and Social Change series, published. The series showcases ground-breaking research that looks at the nexus between migration, citizenship and social change.

Find out more about the series and submitting a proposal.

Read 'Migrant children and the politics of compassion' by Ala Sirriyeh in Discover Society

New in Sociology

The right amount of panic

Comedy and Critique

Gender based violence in university communities

Women and religion

The Right Amount of Panic

How women trade freedom for safety

By Fiona Vera-Gray

“In a world where women face an epidemic of harassment, violence and abuse, Vera-Gray shatters the illusion that the victim is to blame for her own assault. Powerful, moving and insightful” Laura Bates, founder of the Everyday Sexism Project

Read the introduction for free

Get 35% discount on ALL Bristol University Press and Policy Press books by signing up to our newsletter here.

cid:image001.jpg@01D41535.97F828E0

Bristol University Press and Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 954 5940

To unsubscribe from the EUROPEAN-SOCIOLOGIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=EUROPEAN-SOCIOLOGIST&A=1