Dear all,

Last year, Alex Lee and I set up the Medievalists with Disabilities network, an international group set up to support scholars with disabilities working in medieval studies. The network has created a crowd-sourced guidance sheet on accessible conferences as a community resource. The public document is available to view here: http://bit.ly/dismedaccess.

We update the access guide in an ongoing basis, and will be including a section listing suppliers of access services in the UK (e.g. live-tweeting; transcription; captioning, etc), alongside giving sample costs if at all possible. We would also like to include detail of funding sources to which event organisers can apply to pay expressly for greater access provisions.

I’m writing to the list to see if there are existing resources in this vein that we can tap into in order to update the guide appropriately – e.g. personal recommendations of access service suppliers; more formal lists of access service suppliers; lists of grants available to fund access provisions at academic events; and so forth.

Many thanks in advance for your help on this,

Alicia

Dr Alicia Spencer-Hall

cid:image002.jpg@01D36AC1.CF30F180

My new book Medieval Saints and Modern Screens is out now (Amsterdam University Press, 2018).

Download the Introduction for free here: https://en.aup.nl/download/9789048532179%20ToC%20+%20Intro.pdf

Available to order via http://en.aup.nl/books/9789462982277-medieval-saints-and-modern-screens.html, and for North America via: http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/M/bo27399612.html.

https://qmul.academia.edu/aspencerhall

https://twitter.com/aspencerhall

http://medievalshewrote.com/

________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to [log in to unmask] Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.