(Apologies for cross-posting)

The application period for the 2nd International summer school on "Deep Learning and Visual Data Analysis" at the University of Vienna is now open. The school aims at bringing together students, researchers, and professionals from different fields and different countries to explore the challenges and recent developments in the field.

Dates & Facts:
·       The Summer School will take place from 03/09/2018 to 07/09/2018
·       Application is open till 23/07/2018
·       Apply here: datascience.univie.ac.at/summer-school-2018/application

Who can apply?
·       As we are aiming for a diverse and interdisciplinary group, a background in machine learning or visualization is not required. But we do require a technical background with some programming experience. There will be introductory courses focusing on Deep Learning and Visualization.

What to expect:
·       Lectures, workshops, and hands-on tutorials on Deep Learning and Visual Data Analysis.
·       Tutorials on Tableau and Deep Learning frameworks will help you build your skills in Data Science.
·       There will be a practical 1-day-challenge where you can put your newly acquired knowledge to the test.
·       Get to know other people interested in Data Science at our organized social events, lunches, and dinners.
Fees:
·       Austrian students: 90 EUR (including lunch)
·       Czech students: 90 EUR (including accommodation, breakfast and lunch)
·       Others: 210 EUR

Link:  http://datascience.univie.ac.at/summer-school-2018/

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Tara L Andrews
Digital Humanities

To unsubscribe from the DIGITALCLASSICIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITALCLASSICIST&A=1