Adam,

I wonder whether the devil is in the detail of the wording?

“A term or condition of a contract is void in so far as it purports to require an individual to supply another person with a record which……”

Having been in a situation where a Solicitor applied for health information on my behalf, I would say that the contract that I had with the Solicitors did not include a term or condition of this kind, nothing in my original contract purported to require me to supply the Solicitors with information related to health or to give them access to SAR data.

As a part of the on-going case my Solicitors applied for information on my behalf relating to my health, as they did other data to support my case, but I was not required to supply this data in my contract with them. As my case progressed I had overall control over what information I gave them directly and what information they could seek from other parties.

Assuming that this is how other Solicitors work, my take on this is that it is not a term or condition in a contract with a Solicitor that this information is supplied.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Helena Ashton