Thanks Zaighum, Artem, and Eleanor, for your replies.

@Zaighum: I could not find a pdb file for PFPE- it is not listed in common ligand dictionaries of Refmac, Phenix or even HIC-Up server, or in general. It is fairly big molecule  to fit into this small cavity. Also I couldn't find any protein structures with PFPE in PDB database.
The green blobs do have blue density, it is just not visible at the current contour level. At slightly decreased contour level (1.81 vs 1.51 rmsd), it is perfectly visible. We have tried updating waters during refinement, even then, the green blobs would not completely go away. Yes I can add waters manually, and they might make sense, but we thought that the density might be something else we have missed to identify- so decided to ask here on BB.

@Artem and Eleanor: The structure is well refined (R and Rfree 19% and 23% respectively, at 1.9A) except for this density. As I mentioned above, decreasing the contour level of 2Fo-Fc map would show that the glutamate you suggested to remodel is sitting in the blue density (although slightly off). I have tried to move it in the green density, however, it does not stay there. Perhaps it has an alternate conformation, or lower occupancy. Even then that would satisfy a small part of the green density, not all. The remaining residues surrounding the density are well modeled.

Thanks again, and regards,
Uma.

--
Uma Gabale, PhD