Hi All

We are having an issue with a client who has a Galaxy S2 Tablet (Model: SM-T719) running Android version 7.0

She is using switch scanning very effectively to access WhatsApp, Facebook and the internet (via Samsung Internet version 7.2.10.33).

However when the client accesses the on-screen keyboard in the internet browser and tries to use an underscore (_), the underscore isn't typed .

The client has an underscore in her email address which makes this important for logging into various websites.

We have tried:

*         Use voice recognition to type in the punctuation

*         Using a text shortcut

*         Using alternative keyboards

*         Using alternative browser
But with no luck

Does anyone have any other ideas we could try (other than changing her email address!)?

We fear the issue is down to the version of android she is on and due to the age of the tablet it won't be getting another software update

Thanks for your help

Bea

Bernadette Deere
Trainee Clinical Scientist

Electronic Assistive Technology Service
Bristol Centre for Enablement

Tel        0117 414 5899
Email   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.