“These invaluable cultural treasures like a prayer book and Torah scrolls belong to the people and their descendants who were forced to leave them behind as they were exiled from Iraq. The State Department should make clear to the Iraqi government that the artifacts should continue to stay in the United States,” said Senate Minority Leader Schumer, who has been active in arguing for the archive not to be sent back.

http://bit.ly/2JVVxJz
http://bit.ly/2JVVxJz+

--
Peterk