Job vacancy - Head of Conservation Research and Audience Development

The National Archives is looking for a highly motivated, creative individual to build on the success of recent years to progress The National Archives' conservation research programme and to develop our relationship to public and academic audiences.

Our Collection Care Department has a growing reputation for developing and delivering a high-quality conservation research programme. This has been achieved in collaboration with other cultural heritage bodies and the higher education sector in areas such as collection management, the predicted life of materials, and the application of scientific analysis to inform technical and historical questions.

You will transform our conservation research team to become a centre of excellence and together with your team you will be responsible for testing new ideas, increasing our research output, building capacity, informing crucial decisions on the future of The National Archives' collection's permanency, further developing our engagement with public and academic audiences and supporting the whole sector by addressing and resolving relevant research questions. Identifying and exploiting funding and collaboration opportunities, this will require on-going communication with senior management across the organisation and extensive collaboration with partners around the world.

You will lead on Collection Care's research programme and will align it with The National Archives' research priorities. You will be expected to engage with internal and external professional communities, particularly The National Archives' Research Department, Marketing and Communications Department and higher education, to further develop and extend our research base in the areas of applied and interpretive research and to reach to audiences. You will be responsible for managing a team who will support delivery of on-going programmes of environmental assessment, materials analysis, the implementation of collection management tools in line with our current strategy and our public and academic engagement programme.

As Head of Conservation Research and Audience Development you will form part of Collection Care's Senior Management team and will be expected to take a strong leadership role in the development and delivery of key strategic initiatives in line with current and future TNA business objectives.

Applications for this position close at midnight on Sunday 5th August at Midnight. Full details on the role and how to apply, along with a job description, are available here: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1591835

Olivia Pinto
Recruitment Adviser
020 8392 5203
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/> | www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/jobs<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/jobs>

[cid:image001.png@01D31043.8BDAEC70]<https://www.facebook.com/TheNationalArchives/>[cid:image002.png@01D31043.8BDAEC70]<https://twitter.com/UkNatArchives?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>[cid:image003.png@01D31043.8BDAEC70]<https://uk.linkedin.com/company/the-national-archives-uk>

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.